Teens may volunteer to fulfill community service requirements. Volunteers may help by tidying the collections and helping with special events and projects.
Teen Volunteer Policy:
- Volunteer must be a Glen Cove student in Middle School or High School.
- There is a limit of 10 hours per volunteer. This does not include Teen Advisory Board, Book Buddies or the Any Soldier volunteer program.
- Volunteer work is done in the Youth Services Department.
- Volunteer hours during the school year are on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 3:00pm-8:00pm and all day Saturday (9:00am-4:00pm). Volunteer hours are not scheduled on school vacation weeks from September to June.
- Teens should directly make an appointment with the Teen Services Librarian, Lauren Loechner at 516-676-2130.
- Volunteers are limited to 2 hours per day.
- A record of hours will be kept by the Librarian for the current school year only. Service letters will be signed at completion of service.