Knowing your USDA Hardiness Zone, and First (October 10) and Last Frost (May 2) dates of the growing season are the first important steps to gardening success! Once frost is not a threat, most of your warm season plants (Beans, Peppers, Squash, and Tomatoes) can be planted.
- A Seed Planting Guide by date.
- A personal favorite for vegetable, flower, and herb planting information with details of spacing from Fedco Seeds.
- Quizzical about how much of your faves to grow? Check out this great growing guide from Harvest to Table.
- Limited on space?
- A presentation on Attracting Beneficial Insects.
- What’s that bug? Check out this guide from the National Center for Appropriate Technology.